Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Birthday Peter Gabriel

Today is Peter Gabriel's 56th birthday. I wish him many, many more. He is absolutely my favorite musician. Some of the best music and concerts I have ever experienced are his. Back in the early 70's with Genesis, and in his entire solo career, nobody has ever created music that means so much to me.

An interesting note, I tuned in to the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics shortly before they were over Friday night, and who starts to perform? PG!! He did a version of the John Lennon song "Imagine" that was awesome. Fortunately, I was able to capture it on my DVR. I usually never watch the opening ceremonies. FATE!!

Here's the official PG site and another one I found today that has some good info.

2 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris I think I sent you this link before, but if you didn't check it and even if you did, Brian changed up the video so check it again. They got a new singer and I think he is better than the last twit.. I am just about done the base drum skin painting of SEBTP of Brian and have 2 free tickets to there next show.. you stil comin up sometime in the next month or so.. maybe you can schedule so you and can see the show.. not sure of the show date yet.. but would guess in march.. http://www.sqounk.com/pages/3/index.htm

 
At 2/20/2006 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the Drum is Done! "It's 1 Oclock dumb de dumb de dumb.. when sun beat down and I lay on the bench.. I can alway here them say..

http://65.78.32.79:777/galleries/other/photos/crop_6818.html

Progress photos
http://65.78.32.79:777/galleries/Mowerman%20H2/index.html

Don't look like the urls will work right .. just go to my site and check out the galleries/other section

 

Post a Comment

<< Home