Friday, January 06, 2006

North Texas Burning

You may have heard there is a big problem here in north Texas with grass fires. There has been no rain for quite a while, it's unseasonably warm with very low humidity and the winds have been blowing. All this contributes to a bad situation. Not only are fields burning, but buildings, houses and more. There are burn bans in counties all around where I live, including my county. New Years fireworks were banned and throwing cigarette butts out the window is now an issue. I mention this because my friend Jal always got on my case when I threw butts out my car window. The phrase she used was "the world is your ashtray". No more. I started keeping a partially full water bottle in my car a couple weeks ago and I put my cigarette butts out in it. Not only will it help for the fire issue, it is also environmentally better. The world is no longer my ashtray. That's progress.

1 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger Jal J said...

I'm glad my non-sensical ramblings have made a difference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home