Sunday, April 11, 2010

RIP Michael Lee

I was just listening to Jimmy Page / Robert Plant's No Quarter album. First time I heard of this "reunion" was a video of them in 1994 with this incredible young drummer named Michael Lee. He was 24 years old at the time this was recorded. He was unbelievable! Especially on the song Kashmir. I had recorded it on VHS and watched it many times over the years (and of course bought the CD). If you're any kind of Zeppelin fan, and you haven't seen this, you must. And watch this amazing drummer.

While listening to the CD tonight I did a Google search on Michael to see what he's been up to. Turns out he died November 24, 2008 from an epileptic seizure. I had no idea and was heartbroken to read the news. He was only 39.

Rest In Peace Michael Lee.

Michael's Wikipedia Page
Michael's Obituary

Article from Northern Echo


UPDATE 08:55 PM: Just watched Kashmir on the DVD version (yes, I also bought the DVD quite a while ago). Plant sounded real good, Page was in fabulous form, strings, exotic instruments.... and one of the best rock and roll drum performances I have ever seen!! WOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home