Sunday, August 31, 2008

Enough Politics, Life is Funny

Well, maybe not always. I’m going through some not so funny things lately, but I guess it’s not really that big a deal compared to what a lot of people have to live through. Without giving too many details here's some of it. Hopefully, not too many people read this anyway and it may help me to get it out.

The main thing is there has been a change in what I do for a living. There are other people at work also going through this. It's not going well at all and it is certainly affecting me. I haven’t been this unhappy in a long time. I mean REALLY unhappy! I actually know someone who blogged about work in the past (at a different company) and got called on it, but won’t go into my anger as far as he did. If my employer has an issue with what gets posted here, oh well. Let’s just say it’s fucked up on many levels.

Went to a party for a little while this evening with some people and families I have known for a long time. They’re really good people but it always kind of depresses me somehow. One of my best friends is a member of one of these families, and he was there along with a couple other friends. Years ago I dated someone in the other family and really felt right with her. It’s a long, complicated thing (at least in my mind), but the end result is that this particular Labor Day weekend party does depress me. I guess it’s because so many years ago I thought I'd be part of her family, and still feel in my heart that’s what should have been. I'm sorry it didn’t happen. There was a time I stopped going to the party, but now live within walking distance the last 2 summers and have attended. As KN would say, tragic!

Sorry for all the negativity, but it feels good to get it out. On hindsight I’ll probably regret posting this, but here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home